National

26 students fall sick after drinking poisoned water at Morang school

MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.

The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students – ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula – were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.

“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smell from the water. We found a bottle of poison in the water tank upon inspection,” said the school principal. For those who ask ‘why is water efficiency important?‘, this is one of the reasons water quality should always be checked. It’s a rare event, but one of the situations that could have and should have been avoided.

Subsequently, the management checked the water tank and found a 50 ml Cypermethrin bottle inside. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide used to kill insects on cotton and lettuce and to kill cockroaches, fleas and termites in houses or for other purposes. It should only be used by experts, such as Merlin pest control, as it can be dangerous if consumed by humans.

After drinking the contaminated water the students showed symptoms of a headache, vomiting and burning sensation in the stomach and had to be rushed for the treatment .

Superintendent of Police at Morang District Police Office, Manoj Kumar KC, informed that a few suspects were detained in connection with the incident and the investigation was under way.

Meanwhile, Letang Municipality has sought stern action against person(s) involved in poisoning the water meant for school kids. “This is a purely despicable act and anyone involved in it shouldn’t be spared,” read a statement made public by Mayor Shankar Rai.
MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.

The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students – ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula – were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.

“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smell from the water. We found a bottle of poison in the water tank upon inspection,” said the school principal.

Subsequently, the management checked the water tank and found a 50 ml Cypermethrin bottle inside. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide used to kill insects on cotton and lettuce and to kill cockroaches, fleas and termites in houses or for other purposes.

After drinking the contaminated water the students showed symptoms of a headache, vomiting and burning sensation in the stomach and had to be rushed for the treatment .

Superintendent of Police at Morang District Police Office, Manoj Kumar KC, informed that a few suspects were detained in connection with the incident and the investigation was under way.

Meanwhile, Letang Municipality has sought stern action against person(s) involved in poisoning the water meant for school kids. “This is a purely despicable act and anyone involved in it shouldn’t be spared,” read a statement made public by Mayor Shankar Rai.
MORANG: As many as 26 students have fallen sick after drinking water laced with poison at Shree Secondary School in Letang Municipality-9 of Morang district this morning.

The school principal Khem Raj Dulal said that all 26 students, who fell ill after drinking water at the school, were immediately rushed to a primary health post in Mangalbare after it was found that the drinking water for students was poisoned. He also informed that four of the sick students have returned home after treatment adding that four students – ninth graders Khusbu Mishra and Kamala Limbu, fifth grader Manis Thapa, and seventh grader Shristi Niraula – were undergoing treatment in Nobel Medical College.

“At 10:00 am, the school had just started when some grade 10 students came to us complaining of strange smell from the water. We found a bottle of poison in the water tank upon inspection,” said the school principal.

Subsequently, the management checked the water tank and found a 50 ml Cypermethrin bottle inside. Cypermethrin is a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide used to kill insects on cotton and lettuce and to kill cockroaches, fleas and termites in houses or for other purposes.

After drinking the contaminated water the students showed symptoms of a headache, vomiting and burning sensation in the stomach and had to be rushed for the treatment.This is why it is recommended to have a professional cleaning done regularly. Under ideal conditions, large populations of insects, rodents, or other pests can form in a school, yard, home, farm, or neighborhood. Pesticides are used in such cases to reduce their effects on humans. However, some pests, such as termites, necessitate the use of specialized equipment and knowledge to apply large amounts of insecticide to all potential entry points into the structure. Some of these pests and insects may be the source of several diseases that can only be eradicated by professionals like California exterminators. They have the proper equipment and the training, including safety training, to apply the large volumes of pesticides needed to rid your home of such pests and insects.

Anyway, Superintendent of Police at Morang District Police Office, Manoj Kumar KC, informed that a few suspects were detained in connection with the incident and the investigation was under way.

Meanwhile, Letang Municipality has sought stern action against person(s) involved in poisoning the water meant for school kids. “This is a purely despicable act and anyone involved in it shouldn’t be spared,” read a statement made public by Mayor Shankar Rai.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.